Friday, July 27, 2012

Back at It


Today had its ups and downs. The biggest positive was I ran a mile for the first time in seven weeks. Outside of a little pain, my leg feels good. In addition to the mile, I biked for 45 minutes. Breakfast and lunch were combined consisting of an egg salad and avocado sandwich on an everything bagel and a bowl of honey vanilla yogurt with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. I also had a handful of kettle chips and an ice tea. After my work out I had a half of an almond butter and raspberry red pepper jam sandwich on 12 grain bread. Then we headed to the MOA for some new running shoes. On the way, I snacked on some almonds and mustard pretzel chips with an unsweetened ice tea. I ended up purchasing the Brooks Trance mainly because I love the Brooks Pure Cadence, and Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale was too good to pass up ($70 running shoes is a steal in my book). After the shoe purchase came the downward slide. Childless for the evening, my husband and I decided to enjoy a quiet meal. Caribbean egg rolls, a mango Caribbean salad and half a piece of coconut cake later, the guilt has kicked in. The eating out is definitely a weakness and needs to be worked on. Tomorrow the goal is to strength and cardio train, drink more water, and eat more vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment