Monday, July 30, 2012

Run with My Boys

After a super crappy day of eating and lounging yesterday, it was nice to have a fairly positive day. First, I believe every restaurant should have calories listed on their menu. I can honestly tell you that looking at the calories made me much more selective and conscience when I was eating with the kids at Buffalo Wild Wings today. I opted for the grilled chicken salad; however, I did indulge a little sharing some garlic breaded mushrooms with the kids. One of my goals is to eliminate fried food completely from my diet...still working on that one as it is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. Part of the issue is poorly timed meals. Today was a prime example of that so goal one needs to be better planning. Dinner was at the ball park and proved to be a tantalizing selection of hotdogs, chips, and M and M cookies.

Saving grace today was a nice three mile run/bike ride with the boys. It was nice running with the boys as the slower pace allowed me to work on my form. I ran the entire run with a mid foot strike focusing on quick feet and keeping the core tight. The shin hurt a little but the calf muscle was more of an issue. How they feel tomorrow will be a good gauge of where things are at. Need more focus and support on the eating plan. Tomorrow's focus will be on strength training. Excited to try out my new lap swim suit this week!

Remember to stretch and roll out the muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment