Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Junk Food Weakness

Today started well. I made an amazing spinach, broccoli, mushroom omelet and a cup of tea. It was rather filling and therefore I was not very hungry for lunch. I really need to focus on eating three meals a day even I am not hungry because when I don't eat scheduled meals, I tend to snack on junk food later on. I then snacked on chips and dip later in the day. That is something that definitely needs to go. It is not part of my training plan, and I don't want to waste good calories on food that will not provide me with quality energy. Dinner consisted of shrimp fajitas. I discovered I really do not like the corn tortillas so back to the drawing board when it comes to finding a wheat free alternative. After dinner we indulged in ice cream cake for my husband's birthday. Eating habits definitely need to be my focus for the next few months.

Overall, I was rather tired today. Even after a nap, I still felt exhausted. I need to figure out what is causing the fatigue. I did an intensity workout on the treadmill. It was about 38 minutes of work. It consisted of hills and speed intervals. The max speed was 8.5, and the max incline was 12. I did need to stop and take a few 30-45 second breaks after the high speed or incline intervals. Goal is to get completely through one of those workouts without stopping.

Water intake was too low today. Back at it tomorrow. I need to build in strength training and find a consistent routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment