Thursday, January 17, 2013

Still Moving Forward

I think I have solidified a few races for this year. I will be running the Run the Lakes half in Nisswa at the end of April, and the Chicago marathon in October. Today I finished the Power of Habits. I plan on working on identifying some habits that need to be changed and using the cue, action, reward method to change them. The book had a lot of good information. I recommend it for anyone who is looking for some scientific research about habits including personal and societal.

I did a tempo run today with a warm up and cool down mile at 9:30-10:00 pace. The tempo portion was at a 8:00-8:20 pace. My goal is to get comfortable with the 8:00 minute pace as I figure I will need to average 8:23 per mile to qualify for Boston.

My eating was a little better today. For breakfast I had a three egg broccoli, spinach, and mushroom omelet with a cup of earl tea. Lunch was Greek yogurt with blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries and almonds. Dinner was walking tacos. I also had a few Dove dark chocolates. Still need to up the water consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment