Friday, January 11, 2013

Struggle

Wow! Today was a tough workout. I skipped  yesterday as I have been overly tired lately and can't seem to get enough sleep. Today I decided to try working out earlier in the day to see if that alleviated some of the problem. I began my workout at 11:00. The plan was to do an intensity run with hills and speed intervals along with planks and sit ups every 10 minutes. Incline stared at 12 and as the speed increased, the incline slowly decreseased and then varied between 2-4 once the speeds were in the 7-8.5 range. I did fine for the first two segments (albeit I was breathing heavy and sweating like a hog as usual). However, after I started the third segment, I became really light headed and nauseus. I was running at about a 7.04 pace and the incline was at a 2. I checked my heart rate, and it was at 187 so I decided to take a break. After a few minutes, I still was not feeling well so I called it quits for now. Looking over my food intake so far today, I had three scrambled eggs with black beans and salsa for breakfast and a cup of black tea. Other than that, I had two Dove dark chocolates. Not sure what is causing the nausea. Could it be the decrease in wheat consumption? I am going to keep documenting and experimenting. My plan is to do a longer run tomorrow as I haven't done one in quite some time.

On another note, I started reading another book on habits last night. The title escapes me now so I will have to post later. So far, it has been an excellent read, and I am in need of some habit changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment